This is a quick way to expand the scope of the site and generate new questions and answers.
How it works: One topic will be designated each week starting Friday 0:00 and ending Thursday 23:59 (CET). The current topic is listed below.
How to enter: In order to participate, simply ask a question about the topic and tag your question with the topic's tag.
The winning question will be determined by the amount of upvotes the question garners. In the case of a tie, view count will be used. Your question must not be closed and/or deleted in order to qualify. Your question must be asked within the promotion week.
This is all well and good, but what do I get from this? - Honestly, at the moment, nothing. There are no prizes as we are a Beta site and do not have the financial backing of StackExchange at all for contests. This is purely maintained by the moderators with user input as to what the topics should be. That doesn't mean, however, that this is all for naught. As stated, this is an effort to improve the traffic, visibility, and overall quality of the site.
Choosing the topic of the week: If you have suggestions for a future topic, please leave them as answers to this post. Topics must be trackable with a tag, meaning that specific events, software, proposals, services, concepts, and altcoins are encouraged. Basically anything that currently has a tag is probably fair game. Topics will be chosen based on either their timely and increased notoriety or to expand the Bitcoin.SE's content and scope.
- scalability 2016-12-02 – 2016-12-08 – No questions survived.
- tumblebit 2016-11-25 – 2016-12-01 – One question asked!
- version-bits 2016-11-18 – 2016-11-24: No questions asked!
- mimblewimble 2016-11-11 – 2016-11-17: Two questions asked!
- replace-by-fee 2016-11-04 – 2016-11-10: One question asked!
- zcash 2016-10-28 – 2016-11-03: Three questions asked!
- segregated-witness 2016-10-21 – 2016-10-27: Five questions asked!