I've noticed some trading questions that ask about topics that cannot be closed as off-topic because they are about bitcoin, but where the real question is only incidentally related to bitcoin and can be answered in general non-bitcoin terms. For example:
- Questions about how to calculate profit/loss
- Questions about the effect on one's assets of an increase or decrease in price
- Questions about the effect of trading between crypto-currencies
- Questions about trading techniques such as margin trading, shorts, etc.
I feel like I would like to close these with a reason of "this question does not fundamentally relate to bitcoin and can be explained using general concepts from other disciplines including mathematics, accountancy, financial trading, security, etc.". This is not the same as blatantly off-topic, because the questions are usually in the context of bitcoin.
So my questions are:
- Are these questions currently on-topic?
- Is the above reason a legitimate reason to want to close issues?
- Considering questions 1 and 2, how should questions like these be handled?