I came across a recent question that was esentially "what is the coinbase transaction?" I figured a duplicate question existed so I went searching. I found far more than just a few that could be a duplicate. Instead of submitting a close vote for all of them I think a moderator should do the corrections. Most or all of these should be marked as a duplicate of a canonical version of "what is the Coinbase transaction and what does it do?" There's a few in there that can serve well as that canonical question.
- How does the bitcoin transaction fee get paid to miner(s)?
- Where do the mined bitcoins go?
- How does bitcoin reward who find the block?
- Who issues the transaction of reward when a miner solves the block?
- Is the reward for successfully mining a block a transaction on the bitcoin network?
- How exactly do new bitcoins come into existence?
- When creating a block, who actually generates the 25 bitcoins that act as a reward?
- Transaction marked as "Newly generated coins" on Blockchain.info
- How are bitcoins generated during mining?
- How do miners receive transaction fees?
- How does a miner collects the fees?
- How does the network apply credit for created blocks?
These are just the questions tagged coinbase-transaction. There are probably more.
While you're there, several of the questions tagged coinbase-transaction are actually about coinbase.com transactions. This misuse might be prevented if the coinbase.com tag was changed to coinbase-company. Or maybe the coinbase-transaction tag except needs to state clearly "do not use for questions about coinbase.com".