I'm a researcher in satellite remote sensing at the Deutscher Wetterdienst in Offenbach, Hessen, Germany. I first came to Stack Exchange for practical reasons: Tex.SE has been of major help when I wrote my licentiate thesis. Since then, I have discovered the joy of many websites. As my network profile will show, I'm interested in travel, outdoor, scientific skepticism, and as my work is related to academia, also in academia and LaTeX.
Profile photo by Dobromila, CC By-SA, via Wikimedia Commons
Top network posts
- 229 Why do American colleges and universities have sports teams?
- 190 Why prohibit engine braking?
- 127 My car broke down in Siberia. What do I do now?
- 122 How hard do early-career academics in the United States work, really?
- 120 What options are left, if Britain cannot decide?
- 113 Why so many people do a PhD even when chances of getting academic jobs on its completion are slim?
- 112 Is this photo of Jeremy Corbyn and caption accurate?
- View more network posts →