Freelance and spare-time programmer, mainly embedded stuff.
Old-timer, started in 1976 (Tandy TRS-80).
Assembler, C/C++, a little Java, PHP, and various others on the side. C programming, static code checking and build concepts are specialties, as are the tools involved (PC Lint, QA-C, PolySpace, GNU make, ...)
Mostly using Win10 these days; some Linux, and many things Cygwin. Geek interests: Operating systems, compiler construction and code generation, networking, security and privacy.
Frankfurt area, Germany
Member for 9 years, 2 months
5 profile views
Last seen Apr 24 '14 at 8:31
- Stack Overflow 2.5k 2.5k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- Area 51 331 331 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 305 305 11 gold badge22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Photography 283 283 44 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Super User 238 238 11 gold badge55 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 45 Is there a useful case using a switch statement without braces?
- 18 How can I restore analog pictures destroyed by airport X-Rays?
- 15 Can the type difference between constants 32768 and 0x8000 make a difference?
- 15 What C program behaves differently in run-time when compiled with C89 and C99?
- 14 Is there a practical use for a `volatile restrict` pointer?
- 9 Does an observable difference exist using `unsigned long` and `unsigned int` in C (or C++) when both are 32 bits wide?
- 7 Can the type difference between constants 32768 and 0x8000 make a difference?
- View more network posts →